With the support of World Habitat, MOBA successfully developed and launched the MWH Grant in 2021. By providing access to non-refundable funding, the Grant supports advancing the novel housing cooperative approach in Central and South-Eastern Europe.
The 2022 Call provides 20.000 EUR to support a maximum of five projects by MOBA full members. Each organisation may apply for funding within the scope of 2.000 to 4.000 EUR. Exceptionally, applicants may apply for a higher funding volume (up to 8.000 EUR) if they can clearly show a direct and significant impact on the project outputs.
The MWH Grant aims to support and empower pioneering cooperative housing initiatives by improving access to:
- Providing education and know-how around cooperative housing to project leaders, future residents or other relevant stakeholders (funders, local partners, etc.) to ensure the advancement of a cooperative housing project
- Developing tools that enable the establishment or furthering of cooperative housing
- Strengthening international cooperation and solidarity to build up the knowledge for country projects
- Securing and or purchasing a piece of land (or working towards this)
- Securing a partnership that can enable access to land or funding
- Developing and implementing financial strategies
- Securing a partnership that can enable access to real estate or financing
4. Policy and Legal matters
- Developing policy or legal processes relating to cooperative housing
- Advocating and securing the adoption of policy or legal processes relating to cooperative housing
5. Technical and Environmental matters
- Advancing on design and technical features for housing development
- Developing sustainable low-carbon housing development solutions
More information is available in the MOBA-World Habitat Cooperative Housing Development Grant – 2022 Call for Projects.
Proposals are due by February 15, 2022.